Monday, July 9, 2007

Inspiration


I hung some of my favorite miniature clothes on the wall for inspiration. The one on the left is for Barbie. I might try to make a replica of this one for myself, but I’m afraid the appeal is largely based on the shape, and it simply wouldn’t be that shape if it fit me. The blue coat was made by my mom for a baby doll. It has little roosters on it, which is an strangely grown-up animal for baby clothes. My aunt Judy made the orange jumper. I love the exposed zipper and unusual pocket locations. I also really love the arrows because they’re such a literal and weird design element. You have to look at the dress because it’s bright orange and then the arrows tell you to look at the face and also the shoes. Okay, I’m going to have to make one of those for myself too.


There are so many things to hate about sewing, but the one that’s stressing me out at the moment is the overwhelming mess it has created in my bedroom/studio. Adding to my claustrophobia is the horridly hot weather. This is the only room with air-conditioning so Crooky & Scott are vying for bed space since every inch of floor space is spoken for.

No comments: